Imagine yourself as a race driver for a moment and learn the limits of your car!
During the Skylimit Car Club & Classic Weekend, Skylimit Events gives you the opportunity to drive your own car on the race track.
During the Skylimit Car Club & Classic Weekend there is not only a lot to do on the race track. There will be an Italian car paddock, a JDM paddock with Toyota GT86/AE86 and a Honda type R club. There will also be the usual Ford Club Belgium. If you have a club of your own and would like to provide space in the paddock, please contact us. If you and your club want to register as a group for a session or want to hire a session completely, feel free to contact us.
The driving time is divided into "street cars" sessions, "free driving" sessions and "classic touring cars" sessions.
For experienced race drivers we have provided "free driving" sessions. "Street cars" sessions are provided for people from various car clubs who have less experience. The "classic cars" sessions are foreseen for the touring cars and GTs from before the year 2000.
The CRAC formula car sessions can be booked exclusively through CRAC Belgium: www.cracbelgium.com
These sessions are for formula cars and sports cars.
Timing & prices:
|10:00-11:00||Free Driving all cars 1||€90||€100|
|11:00-11:30||CRAC Formula Cars|
|11:30-12:00||Classic Touring Cars before 2000 1||€50||€60|
|13:00-13:30||Parade & Photoshoot||€20||€20|
|13:30-14:00||Car Clubs/Street Cars 1||€50||€60|
|14:00-14:30||CRAC Formula Cars|
|14:30-15:00||Classic Touring Cars before 2000 2||€50||€60|
|15:00-16:00||Free Driving all cars 2||€90||€100|
|16:00-16:30||CRAC Formula Cars|
|16:30-17:00||Car Clubs/Street Cars 2||€50||€60|
|17:00-18:00||Free Driving all cars 3||€90||€100|
Extra drivers/passengers: €20,00 p.p.
During the Skylimit Car Club & Classic weekend days, clubs and dealers can rent an area in the paddock, which will be divided into club areas: 2 sections of 5 meters wide or 3 sections if they are shorter. It’s always possible to park about 15 cars in one area. Contact us if you would like to reserve an area for your cars during this event.
Tickets will be sold at the entry:
Pricing: p.p. +12y
Full weekend: €15
|noise limit||98 db|
About the track
The Zolder track was built in 1963 by Maurice Beliën. Ten years later, the first Grand Prix Formula1 took place here. Legendary pilots such as Jim Clark, Jochen Rindt, Jack Brabham, Jacky Stewart, Niki Lauda, Mario Andretti and many others had the honor to call themselves winners at the Zolder track. Besides the ten Formula1 GPs that took place between 1973 and 1984, the Zolder calendar also showed the DRM, later called the DTM championships.
The track is very divergent, the first part being very fast and fluent, with a second part that is highly technical. In racing, Zolder is a track that requires a compromise when it comes to the car’s set-up, which is why it is considered to be a “tough” track; high speeds require intense concentration and respect for the equipment. Turns like the Earste, Bianchi, the braking zone before the Villeneuve chicane and the Terlaemenbocht are the peaks of this track.
Highlight each year are the 24 Hours of Zolder; an endurance race that is a true exhausting battle. Every year, we are very pleased to see Skylimit customers enter this 24-hour race, often after only a year after their first Skylimit track day.
See You in Zolder!
- Helmet is always obligatory when on track.
- The free driving sessions are only open for drivers WITH experience. It is not allowed to rent your car to people without experience without an instructor.
- Yellow flag = DANGER! No passing, slow down and have respect for the officials and the other drivers on track.
Red flag = SESSION STOPPED! No passing, slow down and enter the pitlane.
- Each car needs to have light (in front and rear)! When the weather is bad, it can be obligatory to turn on the lights. If no lights available, you might not be allowed on track.
- TOW HOOK obligatory: If your car has no tow hook, it might not be allowed on track.
- PASSING: the slow car stays on the ideal racing line, the faster car passes next to the racing line. Passing can happen on left or right side.
- NOISE LIMIT ZOLDER: maximum 98 decibel. Your noise is measured 2 times per lap. If you break the limit you will get a black flag, you sign the paper and try to repair. After the second black flag for going over the noise limit the car may no longer drive that day!
- Windows have to be 75% closed when on track. Convertible cars need to have a roll bar.
- SUVs and EVs are not allowed during trackdays (except on special EV driving days).
- Zolder: Trucks, busses with trailer can only enter the pitlane before 9 AM, between 12:00 and 13:00 and after 18:00.
- In Francorchamps the noise limit is 103 decibel.
- All damages after touching the guardrails, tirewalls, etc. will be billed to the driver.
- Trackdays are no competitions! They are only there to improve your drivers skills and to learn the track. There is no laptiming and we don't use these days to reach the maximum speed of the car.
- If you cannot attend a pre-booked trackday, you can have the full amount of your registration transferred to the next event. If you want a refund, 20% will be deducted for administrative costs.
- Minimum age as a passenger or as a driver is 18 years. In Zolder passengers are allowed from 16 years old. If a driver has a license, he or she is also allowed to drive from 16 years of age.